Artisans and transporters are soon to obtain N30,000 grants from the federal government following the announcement of the date for applications to obtain the grant.
This was disclosed by the minister of state for industry, trade and investment, Ambassador Mariam Yalwaji Katagum who disclosed this at a media briefing in Abuja, on September 24. Daily Trust reports.
According to ambassador Mariam, application would be opened from October 1, and would provide opportunities for 333,000 artisans and transporters to obtain the N30,000 grant.
The minister said that the grant which falls under the National Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) survival fund would be opened for 12 states as the first stage including the following states : Anambra, Abia, Bauchi, Kaduna, Plateau, Borno, Rivers, Lagos, Kano, Ekiti as well as the FCT.
She added that 174,574 MSME operators have so far registered for the scheme with states like Kano, Lagos and Kaduna having the highest number in the opening hours.
Also at the event was Tola Johnson, special assistant to the vice president on MSME who said that N75billion was already allocated by the federal government of Nigeria for the scheme in order to help such artisans back on their feet after the blow from the coronavirus pandemic.
Meanwhile, the director-general of Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN), Dikko Umaru Radda, assured Nigerians that necessary measures had been taken to ensure that the scheme is not marred by scammers and fraudulent characters.
Applications can be done on the website: